Friday, October 17, 2008

OCTOBER IS BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH

Each year, when October rolls around, I like to do something to recognize Breast Cancer Awareness month. My sister is a breast cancer survivor! It's been almost 22 years since she faced the battle, and I guarantee you that she has not forgotten the fear or reality of that life-changing event. Can you imagine being 24 years old, with a 4-year-old daughter and a 6-month-old baby girl and being told that you have breast cancer????? With any form of cancer, the word most spoken is HOPE, understandably. For my breast cancer awareness card this year, I decided to incorporate that word in my design. I hope my sister knows how special she is to me and that I, too, have not forgotten what she had to endure. I can't possibly imagine what it was like for her, but I celebrate each day that I have her in my life!

No comments: