Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2009 JOURNALS

For the past few years, I've enjoyed hosting my family on Christmas Day. We have our "gifts and meal" celebration earlier in December at my parents' home, and on the 25th we just kick back and enjoy the time together. This is probably my most favorite event during the Christmas holiday! Each year, I try to have a little something for each family (parents, grandmother, sister, and niece). I have pretty much run out of time to do anything elaborate this year, so I decided to give journals. I found these at Hobby Lobby and thought they seemed perfect since I hope the journals will be used to record thoughts, blessings, worries, photographs, inspiring articles, song lyrics, etc.--whatever source of media inspires and "speaks" to them--throughout the year. This time next year, I think each family will enjoy perusing the year's worth of entries! The only stamping that I did for the journals was the monogram tags. I used the Damask Monogram JustRite stamp set, SU Brushed Gold and Basic Black card stock, SU's 1-3/4" Circle punch, one of the Marvy Scallop circle punches, Prismacolor Metallic Gold marker (for the gold dots on the scallop circle), and some ribbon that my grandmother gave me! I just hope they put these journals to good use! I even made one for myself! ;-)

No comments: