Saturday, January 10, 2009

"SOCK MONKEY" VALENTINE

There's a challenge on one of the demo groups for masculine Valentine cards, and I finally decided to accept the challenge today. I wanted to use a stamp set that no one else had used and, since the obvious choices had already been taken, it was up to me and Sock Monkey to get creative. While this design has some feminine touches, I think it's an okay masculine card. You can't tell from the picture, but I used a craft knife to cut slits above and below the monkey's "hand" and threaded the hemp twine through the slits. His heart "balloons" are adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. The most fun part about this card is the easy peasy heart-shaped pocket! I used the Sizzix Petal Card die and just folded up two of the "petals" at the bottom to give this piece a heart shape and to form the pocket! How cool is that???? I used the Scallop Edge punch to create the Chocolate Chip swiss dot ric rac. In case you can't tell, the small white card in the heart pocket is folded in half so a greeting can be written on the inside.

No comments: