Monday, January 5, 2009

TWO SYMPATHY CARDS

Yesterday, I had to make sympathy cards. For the first one, I used the retired "Botanical Garden" stamp set. The image is black embossed and colored with SU watercolor pencils. For the second card, I chose the soon-to-be-retired, "A Light Unto my Path" stamp set. This was the easiest card I've made in a very long time--it has NO layers, other than the Not Quite Navy strip of card stock along the folded edge. I love this lighthouse image and will hold onto this stamp set for a bit longer. It's very handy for masculine cards! This card is for Armond. He and Ella Gray were married for many, many years, but she passed away around Christmas. Ella Gray was one of "those" ladies . . . the kind who had the most cheerful, sweet look, always a smile, and contagious laughter--she kind of chuckled when she laughed. I can't remember a time when I never knew Ella Gray, and I used to think that she was a relative. Instead, she was just a really special person. I never saw much of Armond and probably couldn't pick him out of a crowd, but I know that he took very good care of Ella Gray in the end and that he misses her dearly. She was the light in his life.

No comments: