Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"FLOCK TOGETHER" STATIONERY PURSE

No matter how you try to plan every little thing for the first attempt at a project, it never fails that a really good (sometimes more practical) idea comes along . . . after the really strong glue has dried. Who knew that I wouldn't like the card stock handles?? I was using someone else's instructions for the purse and, at the time, the card stock handles looked nice in the picture but, on my purse, they seemed so bulky and awkward! So, I carefully peeled them off and used ribbon, which seems much softer and more appropriate, don't you think? The designer paper used is from the brand new "Flock Together" collection. Other SU products used include Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, and Barely Banana card stock, Sizzix "Bird w/Leaves & Flower" die, Big Shot, Pewter Jumbo brads, Crop-a-Dile, Scallop Edge punch, and 5/8" So Saffron Grosgrain ribbon (free SAB product). I don't have the cards made for this purse--yet, but I will definitely schedule a class for this stationery purse and a set of coordinating cards! This would make a great gift!!

No comments: