Wednesday, March 25, 2009

BUN IN THE OVEN

My sweet niece, Haley, has a "bun in the oven," due to arrive in May. If the doctors are correct, we're looking to welcome a baby boy to the family, which is why I chose Bashful Blue as a coordinating color for the oven. I've been invited to a baby shower for Haley this Sunday and need a gift. Since I'm helping host a shower for her on the following Sunday, I don't need a big gift for this weekend so I decided to make this cute project! Of course, I'll give her more than this, but she will LOVE this oven! Isn't it neat that it has a working door? Of course, it would be rather useless if there wasn't a way to utilize the box. I'm not finished with this project, though! Tomorrow I will go to Walmart and try to find some little socks that I can shape in the form of a cinnamon bun to put in the oven, but I don't know what I'll do if my sock bun doesn't come out right. I guess I'll have to buy a real bun! Ha! There's still one thing that I want to add to the oven, and I'll post a picture if it turns out as good in real life as it looks in my head. I used all SU products, except for the silver brads) to create this project: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, and Brushed Silver card stock, Key Tag punch, Bashful Blue brads, "Sketch It" stamp set (for the burners), Basic Black Craft ink, Clear embossing powder, and the Corner Rounder punch. And let's not forget Sticky Strip!

No comments: