Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SCENE IN A GARDEN "Z" FOLD

Several new SU products are featured on this card . . . "Great Friend" and "Scene in a Garden" stamp sets, and the die cut frame/label from the brand new Sizzix Matchbox die. These items can be found in the "Occasions" mini catalog and will be available for purchase tomorrow. I didn't intend for my garden scene to be sloped, but I bumped the die and didn't notice that the paper had slipped before I ran the die through the Big Shot. Oops! You may not be able to tell, but I used watercolor paper for the stamped image. If you plan to watercolor an image and think you might be adding layers of color and blending a lot, you should use watercolor paper. It holds up really well!! Notice the stick pin? This is the first one I've ever used one on a card, and I wasn't quite sure what to do to keep the end bead from slipping off. I decided to put a drop of Crystal Effects there since it holds ANYTHING, and some of it probably dripped into the bead. All I know is that the bead isn't coming off--yet--so it must have worked okay. Of course, this isn't a card to be mailed with the bulk of the beads, but I like the look of the pin! I just need more practice with them!

No comments: