Friday, April 10, 2009

"PEEPS" SUNFLOWER CAKE

You know how you see a picture of a culinary "work of art" and think, "Oh, that's easy! I can do that!"? And you know how your sense of reasoning usually kicks in and says, "Maybe you can't"? I guess I have no sense of reasoning. This is my shoddy-looking sunflower cake! It was easy enough to make; however, I'm pretty sure the Peeps will be laying at the bottom of the plate before long. I suppose I could use toothpicks to keep them in place, but I'd probably forget to tell my guests to remove them. Oh well, I tried. This is probably the second layer cake I've made in my life, and I don't know why my layers don't stack neatly. Why is there a gap between them?????? Goodness! I played around with altering the photo, and it actually looks much better altered!

No comments: