Friday, May 29, 2009

AWESOME GRADUATION CEREMONY!

Being that Chadrick's school only had two senior classrooms, one might not expect a "wow" graduation ceremony, but I was totally impressed! It was very clear that the school was pleased to honor their graduates, and I have never witnessed this type of ceremony. Granted, I haven't spent a lot of time going to such events, but I honestly can say that the school--staff and adminstration--embraced and honored their graduates with an impressive send-off . . . from the beautiful invitations (I've heard many compliments about them) to the parade of graduates and the seating of teachers on each side of the seniors. In his address to the students, the Valedictorian compared EACH student to an element, and his speech was AWESOME! He said that Chadrick was much like uranium due to his radioactive explosions and was thankful that the Dean of Students was always there to handle those situations. He also commented about the humor that Chadrick brought to his classmates (he was voted Class Clown), and I think everyone in attendance really enjoyed this speech. One of the teachers asked parents to send in three photos of their child, one being a baby picture. There were two screens used to project all of the photos, and it was so fun to see the pictures! I've attached three of the four pictures that I sent in. All four pictures were used, plus Chadrick's yearbook photo. It appeared that some parents had not sent photos, but I'll bet they later wished they had done so. Isn't that a handsome boy (photo on left), Jurassic Park bookbag and all, ready for his first day of Kindergarten? All in all, it was a great ceremony! I didn't shed any tears, but I know that I'm going to miss the school years--the good, the bad, and the in-between. I guess the Dean of Students can give my Speed Dial number on his phone to another parent.

No comments: