Sunday, June 7, 2009

ANOTHER POP-UP CAKE CARD

I mentioned that I love the Sizzix 3D three-tier pop-up cake die, and this is another card that I designed with that die. This one was really easy; however, gluing on the white swirly pieces was a bit tricky. I still need to finish this card by stamping a sentiment inside, and the front is still a blank canvas. BTW, die-cut pieces that were used to decorate this cake were actually leftovers. I keep a basket near the Big Shot and, whenever I cut shapes that I end up not using, I toss them in the basket. They're quite handy for a project like this! The dies used to create those cuts are Tulipe, Simple Flower Embosslit, and Sweetest Stem Embosslit. It's hard to believe that this cake can be folded and then pop up perfectly when the card is opened, but it works!

No comments: