Sunday, August 16, 2009

ARE YOU THINKING AHEAD TO CHRISTMAS, TOO?

I know it seems really early to work on holiday projects, but I have to. I have classes to plan, but I also need to get started on my personal holiday cards. I'm determined to not be working on them at the last minute! Today I wanted to "play" with the "Holiday Lounge" designer paper because I LOVE it!!!!!!!! Trust me . . . the catalog does not give this paper collection its due justice! This photo isn't very good, either! The colors in the paper are Taken with Teal and Sahara Sand, and I like the way it prompts me to use non-traditional colors--colors that I don't often use. I really like the simplicity of this design. Surprisingly, there isn't any stamping on this card! Besides the designer paper, I used two new Sizzix dies and silver elastic cord (found in SU's Holiday mini catalog) and a clear rhinestone brad to complete this 4.25" square card. Yes, I'm still stuck on square cards! Heads up . . . if you already own a Big Shot, this would be an inexpensive and quick design for your holiday cards. All you need is Whisper White, Taken with Teal, and Sahara Sand card stock, "Holiday Lounge" designer paper, a pack of clear rhinestone brads, and the two dies. Assuming you already have the card stock and envelopes, the other products will cost a mere $43.30 (excluding shipping and tax), and you'll be all set to make more holiday cards than you probably need!

No comments: