Wednesday, August 12, 2009

EVERY NOW & THEN, A CLEVER THOUGHT FALLS UPON ME

And today was one of those days! I have to tell you that I just LOVE this little project! It was so super easy to make! Now . . . if you have a Big Shot, I urge you to consider purchasing the Fancy Favor XL die. While it's true that I'm a gadget ho and love me some die-cuttin' stuff, the Fancy Favor die is really and truly a great one! You can assemble it as a box (as I've done here) or as a bag w/a closed top, and it's a very generous size! It's hard to tell from the picture, but I used the Manhattan Flower embossing folder on my box to give it a little tactile umph. The clever thought that I had today was to use the Ornament punch (from the Holiday mini catalog) to create the flower and leaves that embellish my bag. I also brushed the edges of the petals with Frost White Shimmer Paint (another Holiday mini product), and the flower center is a Pop-Up Glue Dot that I sprinkled with chunky glitter. And let me tell you . . . those glue dots are STICKY! I think they'd hold a kicking and screaming kid to a wall (teachers, resist the temptation to try this!!). Other SU products used on this project are: Holiday Best stamp set; Boho Blossoms, Scallop Oval, 1-3/8" Circle, 1/16" Circle, and Wide Oval punches; Chocolate Chip, Rich Razzleberry, Always Artichoke, Kraft, and Pretty in Pink card stock; and hemp twine.

No comments: