Thursday, September 3, 2009

JUST FOOTBALL

Last Friday, I went shopping with my sister and her son. While we were having dinner, I decided to look in the bag of stuff I'd purchased at a craft store, and the first thing that I saw was the MVP ribbon that I used on this card. I gasped, grabbed the ribbon from the bag, and said, "I didn't buy this!!!!!!" Upon further inspection of the bag, I realized that I had not accidentally grabbed someone else's bag and guess what? This lovely ribbon for which I had no intended use, had not noticed in the store, and didn't even know that I had picked up was on my receipt, which meant that it somehow got dropped in my basket . . . and paid for. There was comfort in knowing that I hadn't become a kleptomaniac, but what do you call someone who unknowingly puts something in the basket that they didn't want--and unknowingly buys it?!? My nephew enjoyed my moment of WTH, so it's only fitting that I would make a card--just for him--and use this ribbon. He is really into basketball, but this football stamp set is the only sporty one that I own. One foot of unwanted ribbon down . . . two and one-half feet to go.

1 comment:

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

Cute story and cute card. Smiles, Laura