Thursday, September 24, 2009

A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME . . .

Last Friday, UPS brought my "Table Setting" die, and I can't believe that I'm just now seeing what it can do! I know you must be wondering what kind of project is pictured here, and I have to admit that it's a really funky picture. The truth of the matter is that the picture itself was angled horribly and difficult to work with, so I just "doctored" it. It would probably have been easier to just re-take the picture! What you're seeing, through diffused glow, is the top of a 4" square box. Before assembling the lid, I cut a 3.5" window, lined it with acetate and a shimmery Always Artichoke "Lattice" die cut, and then adhered the rose and leaves on the outside top of the lid. The rose . . . this brings me back around to the Sizzix "Table Setting" die that Stampin' Up! is selling in the Holiday mini catalog. This particular die has some interesting cuts! There's a spiral, which I used to form the rose, the leaves (two sizes), a place holder, gift tag, and a couple of other cuts that probably have a defined purpose--I just haven't studied them yet. What I already know is that this die has already proved its worth with the rose and leaves! How CUTE is this rose, I ask you????? Remember the shimmer paint that I concocted yesterday? I sprayed it on the rose, leaves, and lattice cut, and it's just amazing! If you look in the mini catalog, you'll notice some cute pine cones made out of designer paper. They were made with the same cut that produced my rose, but you just pull the bottom out from under the rose! This die is probably appropriately named; however, I think it could easily be called the "Hodgepodge Die" because its shapes seem to have a hodgepodge of uses! Check it out!

No comments: