Saturday, October 10, 2009

KEEPSAKE BOX

This is a project that I have really wanted to try, but I haven't had the one product that I need. I still don't have it, but I improvised. To decorate the top of the box, I first sponged the entire top surface with Soft Suede ink and then positioned the "Kind Thoughts Brocade" stencil on the lid. I applied an embossed icing product on top of the stencil, gave it some time to dry, and then sponged Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay ink randomly on the lid. After a while, I decided to brush some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint on a few areas of the raised design, but that wasn't enough . . .I just had to spray the lid with the shimmer mist that I mixed a couple of weeks ago. I don't think that was a good idea. It didn't ruin anything; however, the embossed "icing" doesn't seem to want to dry/harden now. I used Stampin' Up!'s gorgeous "Thoroughly Modern" designer paper to decorate the edge of the lid and the box, and I used the Crop-a-Dile to punch holes for the clear rhinestone brads. For the stamped tag, I used Stampin' Up!'s "Dreams du Jour" stamp set, which was inked with the In Color markers. That sentiment seems very appropriate for my keepsake box! All in all, I love this box, and I love the stencil! If you haven't paid much attention to Stampin' Up!'s stencils, I encourage you to do so. Not only can they be used to decorate "things," they can also be used with ink on your cards, scrapbook pages, album covers, journals, walls, etc.! What are you waiting for? Hop on over to my web site, choose a stencil (or two), and place an order with me.

No comments: