Monday, May 3, 2010

"AWASH" WITH BLACK MAGIC

So this is not a good day for taking a picture of a glittery, shimmery card because the rain and clouds very much hinder the process!  Even so, isn't this a pretty card????  I totally LOVE it!!!!!!  The "Black Magic" technique is so perfect for Stampin' Up!'s "Awash with Flowers" two-step stamp set!   You wouldn't believe how quick this card was to make!  Other Stampin' Up! products used include Lavender Lace and Basic Black card stock, Stampin' Pastels, White Craft ink, "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set, Filigree brads, Word Window punch, "Beautiful Wings" Embosslit, and shimmer mist created from Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.  All of the light/white specks that you see are the glittery shimmer mist that I sprayed on the card.  Seriously . . . add this stamp set to your Wish List and look for it in Stampin' Up!'s new Idea Book & Catalog in July!  ETA:  This technique, which I have recently seen referred to as "Black Magic," is actually NOT Black Magic.  It's the Chalkboard technique!  I kept thinking and thinking that it wasn't quite Black Magic, but I couldn't put my finger on the correct name until I got settled and soaped in the tub last night.  With Black Magic, you normally use pencils to color the stamped image and then outline with a white gel pen.  So . . . I stand corrected. 

3 comments:

Darlene L said...

Beautiful card Regina. I always admire your work.

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL card, Regina! I need to learn how to do this technique! Thanks for sharing! Smiles, Laura

Shari Winterstein said...

I'm here from LNS Blog Find of the Day! This is a beautiful card. I just did a Black Magic card using pencils and white gel pen. These are so stunning in person. Thanks for blessing my day! :)