Friday, August 6, 2010

IT'S TIME FOR "FEMININE FRIDAYS"!

Last week, my sweet Canadian demo friend, Julie, posted the very first “Feminine Fridays” projects. I say that she posted the “first” because the idea to start “Feminine Fridays” was hers, and it is to be an ongoing, weekly thing. Be sure to check out the project ensemble that Julie posted to her blog last Friday! We will be taking turns posting the “Feminine Fridays” projects, and it’s my turn this week! I wasn’t sure what I wanted to create and, after thinking and thinking about what to do, I finally decided to use Stampin’ Up!’s “Greenhouse Gala” designer paper and create a “quilt-y” project where I could also use one of Stampin’ Up!’s brand new Vintage Trinkets pieces. Remember . . . you can open a larger picture by clicking on the photos.  Once I glued the punched designer paper squares onto the Early Espresso card stock, I die-cut it using the Top Note die and Big Shot machine. I rough-cut a Tangerine Tango mat for the die-cut Top Note and then gave the piece texture using the Square Lattice embossing folder. I stamped an image from the “Tiny Tags” stamp set, punched it with the Jewelry Tag punch, and hung it from the pin. These little tags are a perfect size for the pins! After stamping the sentiment (from the retired “Kind & Caring Thoughts” stamp set), I stamped an image from “Tiny Tags” on both ends and then used the Modern Label punch to shape it for the card. Instead of applying the punched sentiment flat on the card, I positioned the brads so that the center of the sentiment label would have dimension. The Daffodil Delight card and the Baja Breeze layer behind the Top Note die-cut were both textured with the Square Lattice embossing folder, which I think gives the project a fabric look, and I finished the card with an Early Espresso ¼” Grosgrain ribbon bow. Be sure to visit my Stampin’ Up! web site to order any of the products used to create this project or, if you’re in Canada, contact Julie via her blog. Don’t forget to check back next Friday to see what Julie creates for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT idea. I bet the two of you will have a blast with this idea. LOVE the card.