Friday, October 29, 2010

FLORAL SILHOUETTE FOR "FEMININE FRIDAYS"

Last week, with her "Feminine Fridays" post, Julie issued a mission for me to use a favorite retired stamp set this week and a color combo of Rose Red and Old Olive and/or designer paper.  When I started working on this card, I was thrilled to be fulfilling the mission . . . and then I realized that I wasn't because the designer paper that I chose is Kiwi Kiss, rather than Old Olive.  I decided to go with it anyway and stamp the focal point and sentiment on Old Olive card stock.  This is, of course, a square card with little Origami folds creating a floral border for the image from Stampin' Up!'s retired "Thankful Thoughts" stamp set.  I love silhouette images!!!  My card also features Stampin' Up!'s "Square Lattice" embossing folder, Scallop Edge punch, 2-1/2" Circle and 1-3/4" Circle punches, white Satin ribbon, and Antique Brad.  Thanks, Julie, for a fun mission that gave me an excuse to stamp the dust off a favorite stamp set!  ETA:  Instructions for the Origami flowers has been added to this post.  If you click on the picture, a larger picture will open.   You might still need to zoom in (sorry about that).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to know how you do the orgami fold. The card looks great!

Julie said...

Fabulous Regina. Your instructions are perfect.