Sunday, November 7, 2010

FAMILY ALBUM


This fun little album is my work in progress.  There's a lot of  area to cover (literally), and I can't possibly decide on all of the embellishments right now.  I've got my photo sections, some of them with mats, but I've left everything else until after Christmas when I plan to place photos and complete this family album.  When the album is opened, there's a gate-fold section at the top (held closed with a designer paper "latch"), and a small flap at the bottom (the clock layer) which flips up to reveal two accordion-folded pull-out panels with swinging photo mats.  At the base of the album is a generously-sized area for a large family photo.  (In the photo at the bottom of this post, the clock layer is covering the base section.)  I'm so excited about completeing this album, but I plan to take my time and get it right.  ;-)  You'll notice that I used Stampin' Up!'s "Sense of Time" stamp set, which I love!  Speaking of time, have you changed all of your clocks yet?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

awesome!! where did you get the pattern for this? It would be so much fun to make!!

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, Melissa! I didn't actually have a pattern for this album. I saw a picture of a "swing/flip" album for which someone else was selling instructions and, since I knew how to make a swing card, I backed my way into creating this album. Along the way, I added some additional elements (gate-fold and flip-panel entry) to my album. I still haven't gone back and tried to actually write instructions--I kept my double swing/flip prototype to use as a guide in the future. If you check SCS, you'll find instructions for the swing card and, hopefully, can take it from there.