Thursday, November 18, 2010

LOTS OF STITCHES, LOTS OF LOVE

 Just wanted to share one of my birthday gifts . . . this AWESOMELY GORGEOUS "State Bird" quilt that my grandmother made and gave to me.  I sooooooooooooooooo love and cherish it!!!!!!!  I have other quilts that mamaw has made, but this one is extra special because I kind
of remember when she was doing the embroidery of each state's bird and flower.  Can you imagine all of the stitches and hours that went into this quilt????  Can you imagine giving it away????  I've made cards that I didn't want to give away, but what a treasure this is . . . what a treasure mamaw is!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Bless you Mamaw for creating such a gift of love just for you. You certainly inherited her gift of art.

Unknown said...

I have similar squares I am trying to find, the states of the birds and flowers... it has the ribbon just like yours does... however, the state is not legable for me to read.. I am very interested in these patterns..