Friday, November 5, 2010

VINTAGE "SENSE OF TIME"

Can I just say that I had such a fun time designing and creating this card?  Ever since I first saw this stamp set, I have wanted it but, for some reason, I kept bumping it off of my orders.  "Sense of Time" arrived on my porch this week, along with Stampin' Up!'s "Tasteful Trim" Sizzix die, which I used to create the Early Espresso scallop and ric rac trim, both of which have been swiped with Champagne Mist shimmer paint.  There are several layers of detail on the clock image.  I began by stamping it with black ink onto Very Vanilla card stock, dirtied it up with Crumb Cake ink, stamped and gold-embossed the floral swirl image from "Elements of Style," and then sponged Early Espresso ink around the edges, very heavily on the absolute edge.  Finally, I sprayed Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz on the clock, which has a mat from the Scallop Circle #2 die.  Beneath the clock is a piece of "Newsprint" designer paper which was crumpled and distressed with Early Espresso ink and embellished at the top with Crochet Trim and, at the bottom, cuts from the "Tasteful Trim" die and Eyelet Border punch.  That just about covers the details for this card, other than the Antique Brad on the left edge of the sentiment.  If vintage is a style that you embrace, visit my web site http://www.regina.stampinup.net/ and order it ASAP!  You will NOT regret it!

No comments: