Saturday, November 6, 2010

"WINTER POST" TREAT & GIFT CARD HOLDER

I found this project on SCS and was very anxious to create one.  My first one was a flop, but that's okay because it gave me some ideas of what I wanted to do.  First and foremost, I wanted the top of the treat box to be easy to open without having to tear the paper and ruin the project.  I used Sticky Strip around the sides and bottom of the box and tied a bow on top.  Inside the box, I placed a candy bar that I wrapped with Stampin' Up!'s "Deck the Halls" designer paper and decorated with a tree from the "Merry Details" Sizzlits die.  The window of the box was created with the Modern Label punch, and there's a piece of acetate covering the window.  Stampin' Up!'s "Tasteful Trim" die was used to cut the two decorative strips of designer paper located under the window--just below the row of pearls.  I used the "Winter Post" stamp set to decorate the front of the card and the gift card holder in the pocket.  Other Stampin' Up! products used include Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, and Cherry Cobbler card stock and the following punches:  Snowflake, Decorative Label, Designer Label and, to create the holly berries and leaves, Wide Oval, 1-3/8" Circle, 1" Circle, and Itty Bitty Shapes circle.  I also used Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz on the punched snowflake.  I adhered my finished project to a piece of Early Espresso card stock for added stability.

No comments: