Thursday, December 16, 2010

HOLIDAY GABLE BOX

I have had the hardest time this year trying to find boxes for the gifts I need to wrap, and it's been quite frustrating!  I vaguely recall tossing boxes into the trash last year, thinking that I was doing myself a favor by not having to find a place to store them.  Believe it or not, I was looking at some gift bags at a store last night, and they were priced at $5 to $8.  WTH????  For a bag????  I've about decided that the best solution is to give gift cards.  Some people don't like gift cards because they assume the giver didn't put enough thought into the gift, but I beg to differ.  Good Lord, who could not love a gift card--a gift that doesn't take a lot of space in your purse, certainly isn't too heavy to carry, and you can use it whenever you'd like--for whatever you'd like.  My only problem with gift cards is that I sometimes forget that I have them.  So . . . while looking for a little box this evening, I remembered that I had this really cute Sizzix "Carry All Box" die.  I LOVE this die . . . the box is really easy to assemble, and it's a very generous size!  Inside the box, I have three envelopes, cut with Stampin' Up!'s Scallop Envelope die.  Other Stampin' Up! products used on this box are Riding Hood Red textured card stock, 1-1/4" striped Riding Hood Red ribbon, rope and hemp twine, and tag and circle punches.  How do you like the fringed ribbon around the box?  To create it, I took a strip of the 1-1/4" striped ribbon, folded and adhered it to itself, leaving a small edge which I used a piercing tool to fringe--the tool just pulled the strings out easily. 


1 comment:

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

This is the cutest box!!! love the fringed ribbon around it, too. And where did you find that neat paper with fa-la-la on it??? Great job!! Smiles, Laura