Friday, March 25, 2011

SHIMMERY, GLIMMERY PEARL EX

With her Freestyle Fridays post last week, Julie issued a mission for me to create something with Pearl Ex.  On the first card, I stamped the "Inspired by Nature" image with VersaMark and then brushed the PE onto the stamped image.  I used a different brush to swipe off the excess, sealed with hair spray, and then sprayed the card stock with a shimmer mist (which shows up in the picture as tiny white specks) that I created with a mix of water of about 10 drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.  The second card is actually my favorite of the three.  Again, I used "Inspired by Nature," but I stamped the image with white Craft ink and then brushed on the PE.  I used hair spray to seal the PE, but I didn't use the shimmer mist on this card.  The taffeta ribbon, Eyelet Border punch, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White card stock, flower brad, rhinestone jewel, "Elegant Lines" embossing folder, and sentiment are from Stampin' Up!  To create the third card, I used the "Upsy Daisy" stamp set, white Craft ink, Scallop Edge Border punch, Basic Gray and Whisper White card stock, and a retired designer paper from Stampin' Up!  I can't remember using white Craft ink with PE years ago, but it apparently works perfectly, and I like that it produces a brighter/lighter finished image.  At the time Stampin' Up! stopped carrying Pearl Ex a few years ago, I had just begun to love it.  I have to admit that I haven't touched it in years, but I'm glad that I loved it enough to hold onto it! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Regina, this is just georgous card. All of them They are so bright I will have to give it a try. Hairspray hummm that works. TFS
Betty