Monday, April 4, 2011

A "LONG FELLOWS" BIRTHDAY CARD

What do you do when you need a birthday card . . . one that should have been in the mail the day before?  You reach for two new products that you've never used before . . . in my case, fringe scissors and the "Long Fellows" stamp set.  For quite some time (more than a year), I have wanted some fringe scissors, but I had trouble finding them and wasn't going to pay a ridiculous price for them because, let's face it . . . how often do I really need to create perfectly-cut grass for a project?  Since my scissors were brand new, I decided that the birthday card would have to include grass. From the stamp set, I chose the cat for my card.  After stamping and coloring it with crayons and then pencils and then ink, I finally decided to stamp the little guy on Pumpkin Pie card stock and cut him out.  Bingo!  That's what I needed for my card.  If I need a quick birthday card in the future, this should be a "go to" design, but I already know that I will want to make something that I haven't made before and, most likely, will be itching to use something new.  It's no fun to create if it only takes 5 minutes, even if the end result is a relatively simple and easy design!  Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Whisper White, Always Artichoke, and Pumpkin Pie card stock, retired designer paper, 1/4" Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, and "Long Fellows" Level 2 hostess stamp set. 

No comments: