Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"BLOOM" SHAPED MINI ALBUM

After seeing some really cute shaped albums recently, I decided that I wanted to make one of my own.  The thin card board covers and pages for my album were cut with the Cricut, as were some of the images used to decorate it, and the paper I chose is from Stampin' Up!'s "Sunny Garden" collection.  Throughout the album, on most of the pages, I have used coordinating card stock and designer paper to create pockets for journaling, pictures,
etc.  Obviously, this album is still incomplete, but most of my embellishments and stamped images are from Stampin' Up!  This is definitely a work in progress since there are so many design opportunities with this little album.  I thought that its "chunkiness" might bother me, but I really like the dimensional elements that give this project "lumpy pride."  While  I'm used to creating projects, from start to finish, at one sitting, it's nice to step away from this one and give myself time to decide which products I want to use next and give design ideas a chance to come to me.  One of my favorite things about this album, so far, are the dangling elements (such as the birdcage shown in the picture on the right) between the pages.  Fun, fun, fun!!!

No comments: