Wednesday, May 11, 2011

HERITAGE ALBUM

I am soooooooooooooo excited to share this project, but . . . shhhhh . . . you have to keep a secret.  Pictured to the right is the cover of the heritage album that I designed for my daddy using Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio software.  I was expecting this album to arrive tomorrow, so imagine my surprise when it showed up today.  Just looking at the cover was almost exciting enough for me, but I have looked through the album several times already.  One word will describe Stampin' Up!'s professional print service . . . A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!  I began this project in early April, and I will present it to daddy as an early Father's Day gift because I can't wait much longer. I am not a very patient person and, when you factor in excitement and pride, well . . . it's a dangerous combination for someone who can't keep a secret for as long as they probably should.  I {heart} old photographs and, when I found several pictures from a source that I will not reveal, I knew that I had to do something special with them.  In this post, I'm sharing a picture of two of the pages that I designed for this 41-page album.  One of the most exciting things about this album is that I don't believe daddy has ever seen some of the pictures (at least not for a very long time), and I included some photos of actual documents that I found on ancestry.com, and I know daddy hasn't seen those!  When I decided to create this album, I truly had no idea just how involved it would become.  My intention wasn't to get into the whole genealogy process--I simply wanted to use the pictures that I had found and then search for other supporting documentation that might be of interest regarding the people and places that daddy remembers from his childhood.  One of the most interesting tidbits of information was a death certificate that ruled the death a HOMOCIDE.  Now, how exciting is that?!?!  I've said it before, and I will say it again . . . Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio software is one of the tools that everyone should own!!!!!  Just look at what a special gift you can design for someone special.

1 comment:

SherryBee said...

Awesome, AWESOME job!!!
I would LOVE to do something like this, and, I LOVE the idea of the ancestry BOOK!!!!
You've inspired me to get to know my MDS!
You do SUCH great work!
Thanks for sharing!
SherryBee in AZ