Thursday, May 26, 2011

ON THE GROW . . . VINTAGE STYLE

A couple of days ago, I worked with two of Stampin' Up!'s newest products (from the Summer mini catalog) . . . "On the Grow" stamp set and Flower Garden embossing folder.  I really like the distressed, vintage design and the colors, both of which just kind of evolved as I worked on this project!  The embossing folder was used on a piece of Vellum card stock, and Baja Breeze and Certainly Celery markers were used to color the backside of the embossed floral border.  I layered the vellum onto a piece of "First Edition" designer paper, which  had been sponged with Early Espresso ink and distressed.  An aqua painter was used to color the vase of flowers, which were stamped on a piece of Shimmery white card stock, and this layer was also sponged and distressed.  One of my favorite things about this card is the button because, as I mentioned before, I'm going through a button phase. 

1 comment:

SherryBee said...

Holy Cow! I LOVE this card! You've done an awesome job with it!