Saturday, June 25, 2011

CARE FOR A LATTE?

Earlier this week, I ordered a brand new Cricut cartridge (Love You a Latte) and paid more for it than I normally am willing to spend, but you know how it is when you think you MUST have a certain something.  I watched the FedEx guy saunter (verb: walk in a slow, relaxed manner, without hurry or effort)  to the porch, and I thought, "Man!  Hurry!  You've got my cartridge!!!"  So, of course, after having to wait with anticipation for the package to finally land on the porch, I was anxious to create something.  I chose a cup image and used the Gypsy to design this shaped card, and it turned out almost perfect--I cut the card stock for the card too short, so the bottom of the back panel (which was supposed to be the front of the card) isn't as long as the front, and it doesn't have the rounded bottom but was useable.  Stampin' Up! products used on this project include "Morning Cup" stamp set, Neutrals designer button, linen thread, and Square Lattice embossing folder.  I think it turned out quite cute, and it's definitely a design that I will use again and again.

No comments: