Wednesday, June 22, 2011

GRUNGY VINTAGE RETIREMENT CARD

I needed to make a "happy retirement" card for a lady whom I've known all of my life.  Do you ever think about that when you say it . . . "all of my life"?  Of course, you've known your immediate family all of your life, and you've maybe used Duke's mayonnaise all of your life but, through the years, you normally lose touch with many of the people (non-family members) that you've actually known all of your life.  So, for this special card, I wanted to use a stamp set that I've not used in a long time (or ever), so I pulled Stampin' Up!'s "Asian Artistry" off the shelf.  The idea for the sponged circle (behind the flowers) was actually found on a swap that I had in my stash, but the remainder of the card design is all mine.  Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Naturals Ivory, Soft Suede, and Cherry Cobbler card stock, crochet trim, Neutrals button, linen thread, and "Newsprint" designer paper.  I haven't decided if this is the card that I'll send to the lady whom I've known all of my life, but it's in the running.

No comments: