Thursday, June 16, 2011

HAPPY "BIRD" DAY

On Sunday, we'll celebrate my son's 20th birthday, and this is the card that I made for him yesterday afternoon.  It's hard to believe that he's already 20--officially out of the teen years.  Since he has a renewed interest in golf these days, this seemed like a perfect card.  I think it's interesting that whatever he and his friends decide to get into, they all seem to have "the goods" . . . whether it's paintball, guitar, bowling, shooting, etc.  I used the Cricut "Wrap It Up" cartridge for all of the cuts.  To make this shaped card, I cut two of the "bag with clubs" images, cut the clubs off of the back image, adhered the two pieces at the top of the bag, and created a scored line so the card would open and close.  While pulling retired/retiring stamp sets off of my shelves recently, I discovered the "Picture This" stamp set from Stampin' Up! that I had never used.  As a matter of fact, the stamps had not been mounted onto the wood blocks!  Other Stampin' Up! products used were the Word Window and Modern Label punches and linen thread.  FYI:  If there is a retired or retiring stamp set that you're interested in, let me know and I will check to see if I have it!  Once the retiring sets are officially retired, I'll be having a HUGE stamp sale!

No comments: