Monday, June 27, 2011

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Since this is the last project to share in my Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch series, I saved my favorite techniques for this post.  There's nothing exactly special or unique about these two uses for the punched blossoms, but I think they pack a visual punch for any card or project.  As you can see, this is a very simple card that can be made from designer paper scraps that you have lying around.  I used Stampin' Up!'s Patterns Pack (level 1 hostess choice) for my card, and I just cut the "gift box" to a size appropriate for the card.  For the sentiment, I made "v" cuts to a strip of card stock to weave under the left side of the blossom outline and added white dots with a gel pen.  Such a very simple addition, but I liked how the white dots accentuated the embossed dots on the white card stock layer.  The punched blossom outline seems to be the piece that I use the least  from this punch, so I got kind of excited when I came up with this way to use those pieces!  The sentiment is from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set, which I use all the time, and other Stampin' Up! products used include Pear Pizzazz card stock, small oval punch, and rhinestone jewels.  I haven't decided yet if I will feature another series during MISM, but I'm certainly open to suggestions!

1 comment:

Julie said...

How creative of you! I'm off to make one of these.