Thursday, June 23, 2011

A TALE OF TWO DIGIS

It was the best of times.  It was the worst of times.  Actually, it was a rainy day, and all I could make myself do was laundry . . . and play with Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio software and some new (to me) digital downloads.  I designed both of these cards and then printed them onto card stock and added a layer between the printed design and the actual card.  The first card features "Puns from the Past" stamp brush set, vintage overlays, brads, Top Note shape, button, stitching, crochet trim, "Torn Edges" stamp brush set, and digital paper designs.  The second card features the "Tres Chic" stamp brush set, which is a LOT of fun because of the option to make the large image of words any size.  On the Very Vanilla panel, I repeated the words image tone-on-tone with a drop-shadow effect to create a barely-there design.  Other digital products used on this card include the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Modern Label, and Spiral Border punches, antique brad, vintage trinkets (button brads), crochet trim, and "Springtime Vintage" designer paper.  Besides the fact that designing with My Digital Studio is a quick and easy way to create a project, the printed designs actually are a great color match to the actual products used during the design process.  Each Tuesday, Stampin' Up! offers new digital downloads, so there is always something new and, best of all, the downloads are VERY reasonably priced!  I think everyone should own My Digital Studio!  Even if you don't like the look of one-dimensional cards, there are times when we all need a quick card to drop in the mail.  Also, from the two cards pictured here, I think you can see for yourself how easy it would be to design a decorative element for a scrapbook page, mini album, tag, etc.  There are many creative ways to use My Digital Studio, and you certainly are NOT limited in the many ways to use your designs!  ETA:  Crap!  I just realized that I forgot to flip the spiral punched edge, so go ahead and call me a goober! 

No comments: