Friday, June 10, 2011

TRASH TO TREASURE

I love a fun trash-to-treasure discovery, and I had one of those moments during the wee hours this a.m.  While re-organizing some things in my stamp room, I glanced in the trash can at two pieces of cardboard that had been used as protective coverings for the ends of a small white shelf, and it occurred to me that I could use them for storage boxes.  What a great find this was, and I'll probably get more use from the boxes than the shelf!  I've got both of the boxes made, but the second one still needs some decorative touches.  I used a favored retired designer paper collection from Stampin' Up! to decorate the boxes, as well as the soon-to-be-retired "Newsprint" designer paper.  Both boxes feature a hardware label--one from the Antique Brass set, and the other label is from the Styled Vanilla set, which is retiring and on sale at the moment!  There are some great deals among the retiring products and, as always, some steals in Stampin' Up!'s Clearance Rack.  Be sure to check 'em out, order a few items, and be ready for your next project.  It might just be a handy dandy trash-to-treasure restoration.

2 comments:

Cherie Franklin said...

You Clever Girl! I love it!

Ariel said...

you are so clever, Regina! What a fun way to recycle! I am always trying to come up with some way to use stuff like that, thinking surely there is something I can do with that....
and you did it! these are beautiful :^)
~Ariel