Thursday, July 28, 2011

BABY, IT'S HOT OUTSIDE!!

It is sooooooooooo hot!!!!!!  How hot, you ask?  So hot that I saw a bird picking up a worm with a potholder!

One of my Facebook friends posted that a couple of days ago, and I thought it was quite amusing.  If a bird could find a potholder, I do believe I could be a witness.

I kept myself indoors today, despite an errand that I really need to run.  I just can't force myself to go!  While I tried to talk myself into going, I decided that I wanted to make a card and use a couple of buttons, and this little hybrid dilly was born.  I borrowed the rattle handles and sentiment from two digital stamp brush sets using My Digital Studio and printed them onto white card stock, which was embossed with Stampin' Up!'s brand new "Stripes" embossing folder.  The rattle handles are from the "Holiday Blitz" stamp brush set.  The image is actually a baby rattle, but I used a circle punch, color-filled with white, to hide the round top of the rattle so that it wouldn't show through my semi-transparent buttons.  The sentiment is from the "Best Wishes & More" digital stamp brush set.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, and So Saffron card stock, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Baker's twine, and ribbon.  I {heart} My Digital Studio!!!!  If you see a bird with a potholder, grab your camera!

No comments: