Monday, July 18, 2011

SHIMMERY SEAM BINDING & VINTAGE RETIFORM

When I first laid eyes on this new stamp set (“Established Elegance”), I knew that I had to have it.  It seemed to have been designed for the Retiform technique, and it has been years since I made my first Retiform creation.  Since I haven’t had a lot of time to stamp lately, I treated myself today!  My first design looked really good . . . until I sprayed it with shimmer mist.  Before the glittery mist hit the card stock, I knew that the ink was going to run . . . and it did.  ACK!!!!!  So, this evening I had to start over, and this one actually looks better because I swiped Soft Suede ink onto the glossy card stock before I began stamping, which lends an even more vintage-y, antique-y feel to this design.  The shimmer on the Cherry Cobbler seam binding was accomplished with Champagne Mist shimmer paint, which was such an easy-to-do technique that gives an additional vintage flair to the overall card.  All products used to create this card are from Stampin’ Up! and include:  Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, and Glossy White card stock, Sizzix Lots of Tags die, Word Window punch, “Established Elegance” stamp set, antique brads, Fleurettes crochet flowers (from the Clearance Rack), linen thread, Champagne Mist shimmer paint, Stampin’ Dimensional, and Stampin’ Sponge.

No comments: