Monday, August 22, 2011

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

It’s time once again for MISM, and I have a quick design for you today!  I’ve mentioned before that I have a box (these days, it’s actually a drawer) where I keep punched and die-cut pieces that I thought I would use on a project but ended up not using.  I love being able to find “something” in the drawer to pull together a quick card!  Sometimes I even put stamped images in the drawer that are ready to go—just waiting for the right moment.  For this card, I found the die-cut and embossed butterflies from Stampin’ Up!’s “Beautiful Wings” Sizzix Embosslits die.  Other Stampin’ Up! products used to create this card include Very Vanilla, Island Indigo, Old Olive, and Daffodil Delight card stock, “First Edition” designer paper, crochet trim, pearl jewels, 1” circle punch, “Square Lattice” embossing folder, sponge dauber, Soft Suede and Island Indigo ink, Eyelet Border punch, and “Curvy Verses” stamp set.  To create the ruffled designer paper, I first used the Eyelet Border punch along one edge and then scored the paper to help shape the pleats.  A sponge dauber was used to apply Soft Suede ink to the edges, and I also used the dauber to “dirty up” the designer paper.  This card really was quick to make and is now ready to go when I need it! 

No comments: