Monday, September 19, 2011

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

If you like vintage designs as much as I do, then you'll probably like this one.  Once again, I reached for Stampin' Up!'s "Established Elegance" stamp set, and my color palette is Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory, and Rich Razzleberry.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but I used the faux flannel technique on the Rich Razzleberry card stock, which lends a warm and worn feel to this card.  I am really loving this stamp set--it's perfect for creating vintage collage projects!  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this square card include "Occasions Alphabet" stamp set, First Edition designer paper, Scallop Oval and Large Oval punches, Itty Bitty Shapes punches (for the flowers), pearl jewels, antique brads, and one of the new Designer Frames embossing folders.  I wasn't sure that I'd like cutting out the frame because of the decorative edge, but it was quite easy to do.  I feel that I should encourage you to take a second look--a really close one--at the "Occasions Alphabet" stamp set.  I almost want to say "YIKES!" when I think that I almost talked myself out of this one.  If you take a close look at "Occasions Alphabet", you will see that it not only has some really nice sentiments for cards, it's also a good one for scrapbooking--and I LOVE the fact that it works so well with the oval punches!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. Love the vintage feel and collage design. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Diane