Saturday, October 1, 2011

DIGITAL AND GRATITUDE . . . PERFECT IN THE SAME SENTENCE

Every now and then, I will complete a project that . . . well . . . um . . . totally wows me, and this is that kind of project.  I don't mean that I am wow'd in a conceited kind of way--it's just that even though I knew how I wanted to work with this digital image, I was completely surprised by just how gorgeous it turned out.  If this card doesn't make you want to rush to my web site and add My Digital Studio to the shopping cart, then I'm sorry to say that there is something dreadfully wrong with you.  Of course, you will have to also add the Autumn Spice Digital Kit (digital download) to the shopping cart because it comes with the "Day of Gratitude" stamp brush set that I used for the main image and sentiment.  The digital kit also includes 8 designer series paper patterns, "French Foliage" stamp brush set, and two designer templates (an 8x8 two-page layout and a 4.25" x 5.5" card) for a low, low, low price.  I'm not sure if I'm allowed to quote the price but, trust me, it's less expensive than a pack of designer paper!  The design process for my card began with the large Very Vanilla image.  I added one of the designer paper patterns to the background (so it would show through/behind the image), and then I applied a drop-shadow to the image to give it a little digital lift/dimension.  I added a digital Scallop Oval (from the punch selections), filled it with Cajun Craze color, and then added the sentiment to fit the oval.  That's it, folks!  Once I printed the designs, I cut out the floral image, punched and sponged the sentiment and photo corners, used the Square Lattice embossing folder on the Always Artichoke card, and punched the Lace Ribbon border.  The last step was to add brads to the layered photo corners, and a pretty designer button (complete with Linen Thread) to the center of my card.  That's it!  Would you like to know the BEST thing about this card?  Since the focal point and sentiment were digitally designed, I can print them all day long and make a bunch of cards just like this one!  While I wouldn't want all of my creating to be in digital form, there is no denying that My Digital Studio is a tool that's just as important to your paper crafting as . . . paper.

5 comments:

maurita said...

this is completely GORGEOUS, regina!! i am gonna case this to learn how to do!! i love the hybrid cards, but nothing i have done comes even close to this!! tfs!

Unknown said...

WOW!! This card is gorgeous!! Love everything about it!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #36 with a link back to your blog on 10-2-11. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please respond to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer

Cristy Butzen said...

AMAZING! You've inspired me to try something new with MDS - TFS!

Paper Potter said...

This card is gorgeous and so is your blog header! I have window sheet coming in Friday's deliveries, and I can't wait to try something like this ... TFS

Jillwag said...

Very beautiful card! I can't believe its digital! So pretty and these colors are marvelous!