Friday, November 4, 2011

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

It's hard to believe that another Friday has rolled around, and it has rolled us into a new month, as well!  With her creatively blinged "Forever Young" project last week, Julie issued a mission for me to create a "Forever Young" project this week, complete with bling.  I normally think of bling as anything that sparkles; however, this Fall design didn't really need sparkle, so I used pearls instead.  Since I don't have the actual stamp set, I used Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio to design my card and the "thank you" sentiment.  For the tree image, I layered several images with a drop-shadow effect, and the Elegant Eggplant leaf also has a drop-shadow, as do each of the four layered color panels.  When I work with a digital design, I like to give it the illusion of as much depth as possible, and drop-shadow is my "go to" tool.  The finishing touch to my printed design was the velvet ribbon.  It may be a bit "heavy" for this project, but it is so gorgeous and adds a touch of warmth and elegance.  If you're ready to jump on the My Digital Studio bandwagon with me, just go HERE to order!  Since Saturday is "Digital Scrapbooking Day", Stampin' Up! will offer FREE digital downloads this weekend!  You don't want to miss that!

No comments: