Saturday, November 19, 2011

THE UN-STRIPED STRIPED CAKE

Tuesday is my sister's birthday, so I made and decorated a cake for us to share with our stampin' friends at class tonight.  My mind's design for this cake was much prettier than the one Renee is holding (I had planned to make a striped cake with super smooth frosting).  In a rush to get it decorated today, it turned out okay.  Most importantly, it was quite tasty.  Once again, the frosting was a challenge, particularly after I "cut the round" off of the top layer which left the soft, moist crumbs exposed.  Those crumbs had quite a happy time mixing in with the frosting.  Argh!!!!  Class was fun tonight!  Have I mentioned that I have the BEST stampin' friends/customers?!?!  I can speak for Renee when I say that we enjoy them so much!!!

No comments: