Thursday, January 26, 2012

"MISS YOU"

I had a class last Friday, and one of our stampin' queens wasn't able to join us, so I made this card for all of us to sign and send to her.  She recently had surgery, was having a rough time, and it just seemed right for her stampin' friends to let her know that we were missing her.  She's really a very special lady!  For her card, I used Stampin' Up!'s "Have a Seat" stamp set?  Do you love it as much as I do?  When I first laid eyes on this set in the catalog, I was ready to order it but then started wondering how I would actually use it.  I hated that my mind was drawing a blank, but I thought that I should have plans for it before I ordered it and ended up not buying it right away.  Every time I saw it in the catalog, I was drawn to it and finally decided that it was calling to me and that I should have it, so I finally ordered it.  I have NO regrets--I just love this stamp set!  "Have a Seat" has taught me that sometimes a card doesn't need to be fussy or busy.  I even used this set for one of my Christmas cards last month!  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include the Designer Frames embossing folder, Wide Oval and Scallop Oval punches, Pool Party seam binding, Very Vanilla card stock, and "Attic Boutique" designer paper.  The "miss you" sentiment is from the "Three Little Words" stamp set, and the oval was cut with a Spellbinders die.  You can't tell from the photo, but the chair was stamped with VersaMark and heat-embossed with gold embossing powder. 

1 comment:

Patrice H said...

Great color combination! What a nice thing to do!