Friday, March 2, 2012

SOMETIMES A "THANK YOU" IS JUST TOO BIG FOR A CARD

I don't believe I've shared this chunky album before, so there's no time like the present, right?  This project actually started as a thank you card for my grandmother.  Of course, I could tell very early on that it was going to be a mini album, and it just sort of evolved into a chunky one.  Mamaw is such a special lady, and she does the nicest things--she always has!  For my birthday in November, she surprised me with an AWESOME over-the-top to-the-max can't-be-beat gift, and that's why I wanted to make a multi-page, multi-pocket thank you album for her.  I thought she'd really enjoy discovering all of the little notes tucked into pockets and mini envelopes, and she did!  She still has this mini album "on display" almost four months later!  How long did it take to create this special album?  One whole day.  The entire day.  I mean . . . seriously . . . I was so far into the creating zone that I'm not sure I even took a potty break, and the room looked like a tornado had touched down (and took the time to look around to make sure it had destroyed every crevice).  Of course, I see things that I wish I had added, particularly embellishments, but this project was slated to be mailed the next day--and it got mailed that day!  Yes . . . sometimes a "thank you" is just too big for a card, and a chunky mini album isn't chunky enough for a special, special lady!




1 comment:

SherryBee said...

Love your chunky album! I like that term!
I can imagine how tickled she was to get this!
And,about that tornado...it hits here regularly, too! hehehehe
SherryBee in AZ