Monday, April 9, 2012

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Today's MISM project is an easy-to-make basket, and my favorite thing about it, besides it's cute shape, is the generous size and the fact that it can be made just about any size that you want.  Since my basket was inspired by Nancy Dawson's picnic basket, which you can see HERE, I used the same size card stock that she used . . .9" x 9".  The card stock was scored at 3" and 6" on two sides.  The four corners were cut into 1" strips (up to the intersecting scored line), and two of the center sections were cut into a triangular shape, which is the piece to which the strips get adhered.  Glue dots can be used to adhere the strips, but I just ran a line of adhesive straight across the ends.  Nancy was kind enough to provide a pattern, which I've attached at the bottom of this post.  Stampin' Up! products used to decorate the basket include Eyelet Border punch, Blossom Petals Builder punch, Blossom punch, designer button, antique brads, linen thread, and In Color Patterns designer series paper stack.  For the tag, I used My Digital Studio and "Summer Smooches" digital kit and "Sprinkled Expressions" digital stamp brush set.  This project may not look like a "snappy" one, but . . . trust me . . . give it a try and see for yourself just how quickly it comes together!

No comments: