Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"REASON TO SMILE"

Something "fancy", something new; something "spritzy", something blue . . . this card is all that.  The card itself (and the embossed layer on top of it) got its lovely shape from Stampin' Up!'s newest Framelits set - Window Frames Collection, which you'll find in the upcoming Holiday catalog.  The floral images are from the "Reason to Smile" stamp set, which is only $5 this month when you place a $50+ order.  I stamped the images with VersaMark ink and then sprinkled white embossing powder on them and heat set.  Ink and sponges were used to color this layer, and then I spritzed the card stock with Pacific Point and Old Olive.  I don't think the photo picks up the shimmer, but I have Champagne Mist shimmer paint mixed in the Spritzer bottle with Pacific Point ink, and it is really shimmery!  Of course, once I spritzed the card stock, I had to apply more ink because my "spritz" is made with water and it diluted my sponged colors a bit.  To make your own color spritz, you can use alcohol instead of water.  The only reason I use water is because I don't like the smell of alcohol and, if I have a roomful of customers using it, it will smell.  The smallest Window Frames die was used to cut the stamped sentiment, which is from the "Friendship Preserves" stamp set.  The dry-embossing on this card was created with the Fancy Fan embossing folder, and finishing touches were the gold glimmer brads and hemp twine bow.

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Very classy card. If you don't mind may I case this to show off the Reason to Smile?