Friday, August 3, 2012

"JOYFUL TIDINGS" HYBRID CARD

Looking for some quick holiday card ideas?  Look no further than Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio (MDS2) and the Joyful Tidings Digital Kit!  The ornaments that I used for my card are from this fun kit, which includes embellishments, stamps, and designer paper.  Best of all, the kit is 31% off this month, and you can even try MDS2 for 30 days--FREE!!!  So, to tell you just how easy it was to create this card, I added the three ornaments to my design page, added a drop-shadow to the middle ornament, added a duplicate ornament behind the first one and re-colored it Early Espresso, added the red star to the third ornament, added another star behind the red one, and changed the color to Early Espresso.  The sentiment that I chose is from the Hand-penned Holidays digital stamp set, and it was colored Real Red.  Notice the pleated paper below the ribbon?  That is one of the digital designer papers in the Joyful Tidings kit.  I printed it onto copy-weight paper, used the Simply Scored tool to score it, and then folded it into shape.  My card stock colors are Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Real Red, and Soft Suede.  Finishing touches to my card include the Real Red satin ribbon and rhinestone jewels.

No comments: