Friday, October 12, 2012

A LITTLE SOMETHIN' PINK FOR "FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

With her Freestyle Fridays post last week, Julie issued a mission for me to create something pink this week and to add plenty of layers if I so desired.  Oops!  I don't have a lot of layers, but pink doesn't get much pinker than Stampin' Up!'s Melon Mambo, which is the color of my card and the dotted ribbon.  I had originally thought that I would create a holiday card and use some splashes of pink, but then . . . my birthday present arrived early (a Silhouette Cameo) . . . and I was anxious to play and to see if I could design a round-top card with a layer featuring a sentiment cut-out.  I won't tell you how long it took for me to finally get my sentiment to weld properly but, when I finally got it right, I was determined to complete the card, even if it meant creating a Spring-looking flower from Stampin' Up!'s "Birds of a Feather" designer paper!  I used a retired Stampin' Up! flower brad, topped off with a sparkly rhinestone jewel, for the center of my flower.  Mission complete, Julie!
 
I promised that I would announce the winner today of the FREE one-month subscription to Craft Project Central.  It's hard to believe that I've had over 800 blog hits since Monday, but only ONE person chose to leave a comment and be entered in the drawing for the free subscription.  Thank you, Ariel, for taking a second to leave a comment.  The one-month subscription is all yours, and I will contact you for the info needed to get your subscription started! 

1 comment:

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

I love what you have done this week but then I always love what you create. Keep up the great work.