Tuesday, October 16, 2012

OH. MY. WOW.

In my stampin' heart of hearts, I have reached a new level of love for Stampin' Up!'s MDS2 software.  My ears perked up when I heard that some of the new digital downloads were .svg files which could be cut with an electronic cutter, so I checked to see how many SVG stamp brush sets I had.  Not too many, but I assumed that Stampin' Up! would continue to release more and more of them and, of course, I would continue purchasing new digital downloads.  This was just one of the reasons why I wanted a Silhouette Cameo, which just arrived one day last week, and I still know very little about the machine except that it's pretty darn easy to use.  After watching Connie Collins' video demonstrating how to cut an image from MDS2, I had to try it.  OH. MY. WOW!!!!  This is so awesome!  Want to know what's even more awesome?  The image that I used on my card (from the "Merry & Type" stamp brush set) isn't even SVG, which opens a HUGE library of image options!  There is a process, of course, to making things happen, but it's a process that gets quicker each time you do it.  Imagine . . . you get an image the way you want it in MDS2, bring it into the Silhouette software to work with, print the image on your home printer, and then the Silhouette cuts it
 out.  Just look at how the Silhouette cut around the image!  I chose to have a white border around my cut image, but you can choose how close the cut will be.  With MDS, you could re-color an entire image with one color but, with MDS2, you can re-color the entire image as many colors as you like.  I used Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, and Early Espresso to color my image.  After it was cut, I went back to MDS2 to print the designer paper background from the "Joyful Times" designer kit.  I used a craft knife to cut slits for the ribbon and then adhered the cut image with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Granted, there's nothing wowish about the overall card design, but can you help but salivate over the new level of digital/hybrid capabilities????  Say it with me . . . OH. MY. WOW!

No comments: