Thursday, November 29, 2012

EASY ANGEL ORNAMENTS

Late Tuesday night, it occurred to me to make these two angels to take to my parents and grandmother on Wednesday.  I made my first angel a couple of weeks ago and didn't think I wanted to make more, but they really aren't difficult.  I especially enjoyed making the white one since I didn't have to work with the die-cut doily or do the "dot, tap, dot, tap" to glue it to the angel's skirt.  The designer paper that I used for the white angel (retired from Stampin' Up!) was heavy and kind of stiff but, since she didn't have a doily overlay, I decided to emboss her wings for some extra pretty.  My grandmother has angels and snowflakes on her tree, so it was important that I make an all-white angel for her.  The second angel was made for my parents using Stampin' Up!'s "Be of Good Cheer" designer paper and the large Sizzix Doily die.  I know the picture makes it look like she has a lopsided wing, but she doesn't--she's not standing as straight as she should.  ;-)  For both angels, I used Baker's twine for the bows and a Vintage Faceted button for their halos.  I tried other buttons, but these clear faceted buttons were just too perfect and looked the best.  I didn't get good pictures of the boxes, but I used coordinating card stock and designer paper to make gift boxes for both angels.  You know, it feels so good to do something nice for others, and I was so glad that I had made these little angels for three of the angels in my life.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

these angels are adorable, Regina! So sweet. Did you use a pattern you found somewhere, or did you figures these beauties out on your own? Would you be willing to share? :)
I have an angel (who is an angel lover) who would love one of these fr her tree. And I bet Mom would keep it out on her dresser all year! :)