Friday, December 21, 2012

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"


It's time for another edition of Freestyle Fridays, and it's my turn to share a project this week.  With her blog post last week, Julie issued a mission for me to create a card using only ONE background stamp.  I also was to use her card design as my sketch challenge.  I thoroughly enjoyed making this card, and it didn't take any time to make (once I decided on the colors that I'd use).  The background stamp that I chose ("Ephemera") happens to be one that Stampin' Up! retired way too soon, and I vowed to hold onto it.  My Early Espresso card has a fold at the top, and I used Early Espresso ink to stamp the Ephemera image onto the River Rock layer.  I stamped Ephemera once again onto Very Vanilla card stock and used the 1-1/4" square punch on random sections of the stamped card stock.  The Very Vanilla squares were layered onto 1-3/8" Early Espresso squares.  On a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock, I used the dirty stamp to create a background on the sentiment layer, which was stamped with the birthday greeting.  A sponge dauber and Soft Suede ink were used to distress the edges of all card stock layers, including the crumpled River Rock layer.  The Color Spritzer tool and River Rock marker were used to add splashes of River Rock ink to all of the Very Vanilla layers (click on the close-up photo below for a better look at the detail).  Other Stampin' Up! products used to complete this card include antique brad, crochet trim, Jewelry Tag and Itty Bitty (circle) punches, pearl jewels, and a stamp set ("Itty Bitties") from the upcoming Spring catalog.  Have a wonderful weekend, and visit me again on Monday for a "snappy" project share.
 

No comments: